Perfect pouts are the must have selfie accessory today.
Even though it’s the latest trend, getting lip fillers is still a big deal. There are definitely things to know before deciding that it’s something you want to do.
If you’re thinking of plumping up your kisser with lip filler injections, here’s a few things you should know.
1. What Are Lip Fillers? Lip injections contain hyaluronic acid which is injected into the lip area with a needle to increase volume and size. Eden Medispa uses hyaluronic acid as they provide a softer, more natural look and can be adjusted if needed.
2. How Pouty Can I Go? The experts at Eden will help you decide the right fullness for you. If your lips are very small and thin, a big pouty lip might not fit your face. The ideal goal should be to enhance your lips to fit your face. Some people may need a top-up session to achieve the level of fullness required. We aim for subtle enhancement – not “duck lips”. Read more about our natural results here.
3. So many options! Just as there are lots of different lips shapes and sizes. It is as important to have an experienced, skilled injector, as to have the most sophisticated and up-to-date product injected.
4. Does It Hurt? Your lips are a sensitive area so injections can be uncomfortable for some. Numbing treatments can be used to help. Speak to your practitioner if you’re particularly worried about the pain.
5. When Will I See Results? After the procedure your lips will be slightly swollen. Gently apply ice every hour to reduce swelling and in a few days the swelling will settle and you should see the final result.
6. How Long Do They Last? Generally lip fillers last anywhere from four to 12 months, depending upon how much you have put in and how many times you’ve had them enhanced.
7. Is It Safe? If performed by a trained and reputable practitioner, lip fillers are safe and well-tolerated by most people. Just as with most things in life, there are different quality products available. Be wise about choosing an injector who is both experienced, artistic, and uses good quality product in your lips.